Eye4Design’s Guide to getting your measurements right!
- A coffee table should be about the same height, or about 1 to 2 inches lower than the seat height of your sofa. The ideal length of the coffee table should be about two-thirds the length of the sofa.
- When shopping for a sofa, look for 2-3 cushions rather than 1, to ensure better wearability.
- Placement of your coffee table should be 16-18′ from your sofa.
- Hang artwork in hallways 54″ from floor, but in seated conversation areas, hang art at eye level while seated.
- The right height for a lamp is when the bottom of the shade is eye height while seated.
- A lamp shade should have its diameter measure 2X the lamp’s base at it’s widest part.
- Mount Curtains as high as possible to give the room height. The width of the curtain should be 2 1/2 – 3 times the width of the window. Purchase a rod that is 20 inches wider than your window and extend 10 inches from either side.
- Size a rug according to the room: measure the room’s width and length and subtract 2-3′ from each dimension.
- To achieve the perfect size dining room rug, add 2′ to each side of the table so the chairs won’t fall off.
- The Dining Room Chandelier width should measure 12″ less than the narrowest side (width typically) of a rectangle or oval table.
- The bottom of a chandelier should hang 36 inches above the table.
- The standard height of a headboard is 48″ from the floor. If one likes to prop with pillows, get a 55″ headboard.
- A Gallon of Paint will cover a 8′ x 10′ room.
- As in nature, group accessories in odd numbers.
Interior redesign brings a new look, creating beautiful and functional rooms using what is available in the home. In just a few hours using the redesign steps, Eye4Design creates surprising results and often corrects common mistakes that have caused homeowners to feel uncomfortable in their own rooms.
Call Kathy at Eye4Design to schedule your ReDesign consultation.
View our Online Portfolio at www.goeye4design.com