Spring is officially here…. It’s time to start thinking about Spring Cleaning. To help you along, we have created a Spring Cleaning Checklist. You can tackle the items all in one week… or spread them out over a few weeks to allow yourself time to enjoy the start of the season!
Stock Up your Cleaning Supplies
- Outdoor Cleaning – Deck, Window, and Siding Cleaner.
- Indoor Cleaning – All Purpose, Kitchen, Bath, Dusting and Window Cleaners, Baking Soda, White Vinegar, Sponges, Scrubbers, Towels, and Trash Can Liners
- Floor Cleaning – Broom, Dustpan, Vacuum, Mop, Bucket, Mopping Solution & Floor Polish
- Laundry Cleaning – Detergent, Fabric Softener, Stain Fighter
- Stain Fighting / Odor Remover Kit – see Martha Stewart’s Stain Chart
- Auto Cleaning – Specialty Detergent, Wax Remover, Clothes & Pads, Window Cleaner & Towels
- Specialty Cleaners – Oven , Stainless, Soft Scrubbing, and Toilet Bowl Cleaners, wood polish, air freshener, bleach, and silver or metal polish.
Throughout the House:
Clean Windows inside & out
Clean your Window Treatments
Wash Window Screens
Wipe Down Walls & Ceilings – use vacuum to remove dust & cobwebs.
Dust Light Fixtures – Don’t forget the Lightbulbs
Dust Shelves – now is the time to remove all items, thoroughly dust the shelves, as well as the items before you put them back… don’t forget to wipe down the book spines with a soft cloth.
Deep-Clean Carpets & Rugs
Thoroughly Vacuum & Mop Floors
Polish Door and Window Hardware
Protect your Wooden Floors
Replace the batteries in your Smoke Detectors
Clean out the Refrigerator and Freezer
Dust Refrigerator Coils
Clean the Stove, Oven & Mircrowave – and small appliances as well.
Defrost the Freezer, if needed
Update Bed Linens. A change of throw pillows and blanket and accenting different accessories can change up the look of the room in minutes!
Wash Your Pillows
Rotate Textiles – Update rugs, throw blankets and pillows. Clean the Winter Decor textiles and store for next fall.
Purge your Cabinets – Discard expired medicines and beauty products.
Update your First Aid Kit
Organize Files – update your files and shred documents
Clean Electronics – follow manufacturer recommendations
Tackle that Garage – see our former post on Cleaning the Garage
Clean the Porch – sweep off Ceiling & Walls
Scrub Decks, Walkways, and Driveway – you may want to consider a power washer rental.
Wash the Light Fixtures
Enlist your family to help, and you will all be able to reap the rewards and enjoy a fresh start for spring! Enjoy!