Have you shared blessings with a Blessings Mix?
Each ingredient within the Blessings Mix reminds us of our blessings. It is an inexpensive and simple gift that has graced many parties, classrooms and offices.
Use them as table favors, workplace gifts, party treats, or a gift package for a loved one who won’t be home for the Holiday! The snack mix is the perfect gift at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Gather your ingredients:
small twisted pretzels, Bugles brand snack mix, raisins or dried fruits, nuts, seasonal candies such as candy corn, M&Ms brand chocolate candies, and Hershey’s brand chocolate kisses.
- Bugles – Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our nation’s abundance.
- Pretzels – Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.
- Candy Corn – The sacrifices of the Pilgrims’ first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kettles of corn a day.
- Nuts & Seeds – Promise of a future harvest, one we reap only if seeds are plated and tended with diligence.
- Dried Fruits – Harvest gifts from our bountiful land.
- M & M’s – Memories of those who came before us to lead us into a blessed future.
- Hershey Kisses – The love of family and friends that sweeten our lives.
Do you have a Thankgiving tradition? One more we like is a gratitude jar placed on the table for each to contribute, a picture frame, not of pictures or a mirror, but of words of thanks clipped to wire, or simply a basket with colored paper strips on the table for all to fill can give the effort of this family gathering a successful feeling for you, who makes it all happen!
Do you have a Thanksgiving Tradition you would like to share with us? Please share it with us on Facebook!